On Monday, October 24th Meals on Wheels of Rockland will host its annual benefit, Cornucopia, featuring top chefs of the Hudson Valley. In its 4th year, Cornucopia will bring together twenty preeminent area chefs, who will each host a chef’s table. Guests will relish a dinner especially prepared for them and will be attended to by their table’s chef who will engage in conversation and share their experiences and culinary tips. The dinner will also consist of a cocktail hour, basket raffles, a live auction and a celebration of Meals on Wheels and its distinguished honorees.
The event will take place from 6:00-10:00pm at Edgewood Country Club, 449 Rivervale Road in River Vale, NJ. All proceeds benefit Meals on Wheels of Rockland whose mission is to enhance the wellness of Rockland’s older adults and their families by providing services that support their safety, independence and health.
The all-star line-up of restaurants and chefs include:
- Alain’s Petit Bistro, Chef Alain Eigenmann, Nyack
- Autumn, Chef Denis Whitton, Sparkill
- Café Diem, Chef Kerri Hogan, Pearl River
- Caffe Anello, Chef Johnny Vitale, Westwood
- DPNB: Pasta & Provisions, Chef Tony Scotto, Nyack
- Kantina (formerly DVINE), Chef Chris Holland, Sparkill
- Edgewood Country Club, Chef Tony Villanueva, River Vale
- Gentle Giant Brewing Company, Chef Matt Worgul, Pearl River
- Hudson’s Mill, Chef Nicole Hanna, Garnerville
- Karenderya, Chef Paolo Mendoza, Nyack
- Kwan Thai, Chef Kwan Bellhouse, Pearl River
- Lynch’s Restaurant, Chef Juan Magana, Stony Point
- Marcello’s Ristorante, Chef Marcello Russodivto, Suffern
- Mystic Flavor Catering, Chef Connie Ann Kearney, Park Ridge
- Norcina, Chef Erick Carrasco, New City
- Roost, Chef Kevin Reilly, Tappan
- Sabi Sushi, Chef Doug Guyen, Piermont
- The ’76 House, Chef Robb Norden, Tappan
- The Greek-ish, Chef Constantine Kalandranis, Nyack
- The Xaviers Restaurant Group, Chef Peter Kelly, Congers/Yonkers
Kevin Hardy, President and CEO of Meals on Wheels of Rockland, is pleased to announce that the 2022 honorees to be celebrated at Cornucopia are Paul Paciello of Helmar Incorporated and George Hoehmann, the Supervisor of Clarkstown.
Paul Paciello is a former Meals on Wheels Board Chair who served on the board for eight years. Mr. Paciello is being recognized for his leadership and dedication to the organization overall and especially during the most challenging of times. Kevin Hardy shares “Paul and his company, Helmar, have been generous in many ways and have supported us in every aspect of fundraising efforts. During the difficult time of the pandemic, Paul, as Board Chair, was a very big part of supporting our operation during this unprecedented time and we couldn’t be more grateful.”
George Hoehmann has been a regular volunteer at Meals on Wheel for 15 years and enthusiastically delivers every month on his favorite route. Mr. Hoehmann is being recognized for his devotion to Meals on Wheels, improving our community and helping others. Kevin Hardy has said, “Our good friend George is a great example of never being too busy to help a neighbor. George’s experience, working in non-profits, has helped us build a strong relationship as he has a profound understanding of our needs and challenges”.
Sponsorships are available and tickets are $225 per person. Please go to our website to purchase or find more information: https://mowrockland.org/cornucopia2022/