World’s Largest Astronomy & Space Expo for 32 Years Being Held April 15-16 in Suffern, NY
2023 Northeast Astronomy Forum & Space Expo (NEAF)
Suffern, NY – Rockland Astronomy Club, Inc. (RAC), a non-profit astronomy education and outreach organization, announced the dates for its popular astronomy, space, and telescope show, the Northeast Astronomy Forum (NEAF).
- When: April 15-16th, 2023 from 9AM-6PM MEDIA IS INVITED
- Where: SUNY Rockland Community College (RCC)145 College Rd, Suffern, NY 10901
- Show Hours: Saturday 9-6 pm, Sunday 10-5 pm
- Why: The premiere Astronomy, space, and telescope educational show
- Tickets can be purchased at the door both on Saturday and Sunday, or in advance online at: NEAFEXPO.com. Attendees may come for one or both days.
- For further information about NEAF, please visit; NEAFEXPO.com
- To see a preview of the Expo, click here: https://bit.ly/3G4TLFS
Attended by thousands of enthusiasts and a public audience of all ages, NEAF features internationally renowned guest speakers such as:
- FRED HAISE, Apollo 13 Astronaut & Lunar Module Pilot
- EILEEN COLLINS, First Female Space Shuttle Commander
- HOLLY RIDINGS, First Female NASA Chief Flight Director
- GERRY GRIFFIN, Apollo Program Flight Director
- JONATHAN H. WARD, author and lifelong amateur astronomer
- JANI RADEBAUGH, Dragonfly: Aircraft Explorer for Saturn’s Moon
- NAGIN COX, JPL Systems Engineer, Mars Rover Mission
- ALYSSA PAGAN, Webb Imagery, The Art & Science in Translating Cosmic Infrared Light and many more.
There will be more than 120 vendors from around the globe, astronomy workshops, Pro/Am conferences, planetarium shows, book signings, beginner’s classes, daily solar observing, and an astro-imaging gallery featured on the 90,000 sq. ft. showroom, America’s largest telescope exhibitor floor.
The 90,000 sq. ft. showroom will be filled with the latest astronomy and optical gear, telescopes of all types and sizes, binoculars, mounts, accessories of every kind, books, toys, and meteors. There are valuable hourly door prize giveaways, amazing raffle prizes, and children’s science programs and entertainment, including a gyroball ‘anti-gravity’ ride, comet-building demonstration, and much more.
ABOUT THE ROCKLAND ASTRONOMY CLUB:
The Rockland Astronomy Club, Inc. (RAC), founded in 1958, is one of the East Coast’s premiere astronomy clubs and non-profit astronomy education organizations. In addition to NEAF, the club hosts a prominent astro-imaging conference, many lectures, workshops, star parties, planetarium shows, children’s programs, and other science and astronomy events.
Northeast Astronomical Society (NAS) is RAC’s fundraising entity, created to build an endowment for the Club’s educational outreach activities and events, including NEAF.
RAC’s public events include Northeast Astro Imaging Conference (NEAIC), Summer Star Party (SSP), Children’s Space & Astronomy Fair (CSAF), monthly Joy of the Universe (JOU) observing events, annual dinner, and our lecture series (RLS) with distinguished speakers on a wide variety of astronomy topics.